Why Green Connections?
Coronavirus has taken its toll on our wellbeing. Lockdown and working from home have disrupted our routines and changed how we connect with each other.
With around half of all workplace absence being attributed to stress, anxiety and depression¹, the importance of positive wellbeing at work has never been clearer. The human cost and the financial cost for employers* are both significant and well recognised.
* it is estimated that absence, reduced productivity and turnover will cost an employer £1,300 each year, for every member of staff employed².
One positive that has come from the pandemic is a renewed appreciation of nature. This has been reflected in the theme of the 2021 Mental Health Awareness Week – Nature and the Environment.
Who is the Green Connections programme for?
Our Green Connections programme runs in response to the overwhelming evidence for the wellbeing benefits of spending time in nature. The programme is aimed at employers and designed to supplement an organisation’s own wellness initiatives, with the aim to:
• Improve employee wellbeing – reducing stress, anxiety and absence
• Support a successful return to work
• Reinforce positive organisational values
What does a session look like?
Each session will take a small group (maximum of 10 people) into quiet, greenspaces to take part in nature connection activities which encourage participants to:
• Connect with self: personal reflection in nature
• Connect with others: sharing around a fire and undertaking team orientated tasks such as tree-planting
• Connect with nature: deep nature connection activities such as mindful walks
Green Connections can be delivered to whole teams or individuals from different organisations. The programme is designed to be flexible – we can tailor the length of the sessions, duration of a programme and the balance of activities to meet the needs of your organisation and your staff team.
We will supply all required equipment/clothing and can provide transport if required. The programme will be run in accordance with Covid-19 guidance.
For more information, to arrange a taster session or to enquire about costs please get in touch.